Ground Support 2023
10-12 October 2023 | Perth, Western Australia
Please read the below information to ensure a quality presentation.
- Presentations are to be supplied in PPTX format.
- Presentations in PDF format will not be accepted.
- Presentations should be prepared in 16:9 (widescreen) format as the projector will be set to this aspect ratio.
- All presentations will be shown in PowerPoint’s ‘presenter view’ so you can see your notes on-screen.
Slide content and design
- Less is more – your presentation should not be saturated with text. Presentations are generally better received when they are made up of images and just a few bullet points per slide.
- Ensure you use a large font on your slides so it can be seen from the back of the room.
- Special effects and slide transitions should be use sparingly as they can be distracting.
- If you use sounds and videos in your presentation, ensure it is submitted to the ACG prior to the event so they can be tested.
- You will have a mouse and a screen at the presenter lectern.
- PowerPoint’s ‘presenter view’ will be displayed on the screen at the lectern so you can see your slide notes, but bring printouts of your notes in case of technical issues.
- You will be provided with a microphone, but make sure you speak loudly or it may not work effectively.
- A laser pointer will not be provided as those viewing the presentation remotely will not be able to see the laser. Please use PowerPoint’s built in laser pointer.
On the day of your presentation
- Please bring your presentation with you on a USB stick, even if you have already sent it to the ACG.
- Your presentation should be given to the AV team no later than the start of the break before your presentation time so it can be checked for compatibility and loaded onto the presentations laptop.