Ground Support 2023
10th International Conference on Ground Support in Mining
10-12 October 2023 | Perth, Western Australia
Hyatt Regency Perth
The First International Symposium on Ground Support in Mining and Underground Construction took place in Abisko, Sweden, 1983 under the theme of rockbolting: theory and application in mining and underground construction. This series of events has evolved over the years to cover all areas of mining related ground support and provide a documented timeline of the significant advancements in ground support technology and practice in the last 38 years. These are reflected in the improved safety statistics and performance of excavations.
Ground support remains the main means to manage rockfalls; one of the major risks in underground mines. The latest developments and applications of ground support in mining are of prime interest to mining practitioners worldwide where the objective is to mitigate rockfall.
- Ground support in corrosive environments
- Ground support for rock bursting conditions
- Numerical modelling of ground support in analysis and design
- Rockfalls and failure mechanisms
- In situ and laboratory testing
- Support system design methods
- Risk and performance assessment
- Monitoring and performance assessment of ground support systems
- Ground support quality control
Visit the Authors Portal to submit your abstract by 14 April 2023.
Online Repository of Conference Proceedings:
The ACG Online Repository houses a wide range of technical, peer-reviewed papers from previous mining geomechanics international events, including those from Ground Support 2019, as well as many other underground mining events.
Visit papers.acg.uwa.edu.au to view the full range.