Ground Support 2023
10th International Conference on Ground Support in Mining
10-12 October 2023 | Perth, Western Australia
Hyatt Regency Perth
The First International Symposium on Ground Support in Mining and Underground Construction took place in 1983 under the theme of rockbolting: theory and application in mining and underground construction. This series of events has evolved over the years to cover all areas of mining related ground support and provide a documented timeline of the significant advancements in ground support technology and practice in the last 40 years. These are reflected in the improved safety statistics and performance of excavations.
Ground support remains the main means to manage rockfalls; one of the major risks in underground mines. The latest developments and applications of ground support in mining are of prime interest to mining practitioners worldwide where the objective is to mitigate rockfall.
- View list of accepted abstracts.
- The Role of Numerical Modelling in Ground Support Design Workshop will be held prior to the conference on Monday 9 October 2023.
- The Workshop on Deformation-Based Support Design and Rockburst Hazard Assessment will be held following the conference on 13 & 14 October 2023.
- Thank you Jennmar for your support as Principal Sponsor for Ground Support 2023! Learn more about sponsorship opportunities here.
- ACG training videos are freely available. Click here to access.
- Cost efficiency of ground support
- Mechanised support installation
- In situ support system capacity and capacity degradation
- Determining ground support capacity
- Support for dynamic conditions
- Supporting squeezing ground
- Support in high corrosion environments
- New ground support technologies
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Ground support design
- Numerical modelling
- Case studies
Online Repository of Conference Proceedings:
The ACG Online Repository houses a wide range of technical, peer-reviewed papers from previous mining geomechanics international events, including those from Ground Support 2019, as well as many other underground mining events.
Visit papers.acg.uwa.edu.au to view the full range.